Asthma can bout anyone at any age. There are several groups of people that have higher risk for getting asthma such as people that have family history with asthma, people who have history for allergies, people who are smoking or live with smoking people, and people who live in urban areas. Asthma itself has been categorized into four types depend to the frequency of symptom that experienced and measurement objectives. The categories include into:
· Mild intermittent
· mild persistent,
· moderate persistent
· and severe persistent
The doctor will determine to the types of severity your asthma. It's important for you to determine and control your asthma that depend to the frequently symptom you experience. The category also can change from one category to others.
Diagnosing Adult Asthma Onset
There are several conditions that you need to suspicious if you're suffering adult onset asthma. The condition includes medical history and symptom that you experience. Here's how your doctor can diagnose whether you're diagnosed with adult onset asthma or not.
· Medical history, breathe listening and symptom experience.
· Make medical lung function test by spirometer. This will measure how your lung function is by counting air that patient exhale after take deep breath and count how fast for empty the lung. Before test, the patient should take test use short acting bronchodilator.
· Take methacoline test. This is test for diagnose asthma by perform if the symptom and the test with spirometers test not give clear result about diagnose.
· Use chest X-ray test. With this ray, the body image is result and it can use for diagnose wide range conditions from the reflected body image start from broken bone into bronchitis.
There are several conditions that also associated with asthma. The first is asthma and allergies. There are many people with asthma is suffer with allergies too. But not all of allergy people also have asthma. However, this doesn't means all asthma sufferer has also allergies. Allergy is not a disease that comes after birth. But this especially develops if you have genetic or family history with allergies. If there are parents that have allergies, their children have potentially 75% get allergies too. GERD or Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease is condition when people experience ordinary heartburn. The acid reflux will trigger the asthma symptom for result such as coughing. If asthma medication is not work well for the asthma symptom you experience, then you can ask further doctor diagnose whether you're suffer from acid reflux disease.
When adult get asthma, the symptom become persistent typically. There are requirement for daily treatment due to for keeping the asthma symptom and the triggered always in control. There are about 30% from asthma adult case is causes by allergens. Between adult that develop asthma women are likely develop it after 20s and there's higher risk when develop asthma while you're obesity. There's report that asthma attack mainly appears in adult after age 65 based on CDC report. If you're diagnosed with asthma, you should tell anyone that related and contact with you. This will very help when your asthma symptom appears or you have asthma attack. This will make people around you quickly help you or give you medication when you get asthma attack.
Higher Risk Group of Adult Asthma Onset
This is group from people that have higher risk for experience adult asthma;
· Women that experience too often hormonal changes. This women includes those who pregnant and others that experience menopause.
· Women that take medication with estrogen following into menopause within 10 years or longer from it
· People that have virus attack or illness, for example flu and cold
· People that have allergies especially allergy to cats
· People that have disease of GERD, the chronic heartburn that accompanied with reflux
· People that exposed with environment with irritants agents such as dust, mold, perfume, smoke, tobacco and others
The irritants that trigger symptom of asthma called with asthma trigger.
Treatment and Prevention for Adult Onset Asthma
For treating adult onset asthma, there are two treatment that patient can choose or from doctor option. The first is quick relief asthma and long term asthma control that able for adult and childhood asthma sufferer. The quick relief asthma medication is method for ease the symptom that appears because attack of asthma or the flare up. In addition long term asthma medication is use for ease the asthma symptom and swelling for preventing asthma attack for period long time. Long term medication is take regular or schedule. Most of asthma sufferer use combination from both medications types for treats their asthma.
If you're asthma sufferer, then you need to make action plan with doctor and choose the best treatment for you. Help your doctor for planning treatment you need by tell them the point that you need for increase treatment for controlling, measuring, and prevent and reduce asthma attack. Make a list that possible trigger your asthma and what the best to take for prevent and cure it. After that, share the result and discuss with your friend, family or caregivers who close and make contact with you to help you live better with your asthma. When you have proper planning and plan, this will help you for prevent asthma attack appears. There are many people includes sport lovers are live with their asthma and get healthy lives with best nutrition for asthma and still take exercises. Asthma affects in different ways, therefore, important for always maintenance your asthma well.